Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Local sports - not Football

So I learned about this thing called C25K a couple of months ago.  Like you, dear reader, probably, at first it was that I was curious what it stood for.  A hundred and twenty-five thousand?  THAT didn't make a lot of sense.  So I did what any self-respecting blogger would and I googled.  And learned that this is an abbreviation for the Couch to 5K training approach -- a plan to get anybody up off of their sofa and walking and running.  Not that you run a 5K (or 3.1 miles) immediately upon completing the plan.  But it's a very good start, and probably for a lot of people it DOES lead directly to a respectable 5K race.
In consideration of my age, for me, the program really led to deciding to train for running a full 5K, with probably a walk-and-run event near the start of said training.
So now I've found the local running club , and the nearby running gear store, and even a few online tools for tracking my workouts.  I ran the majority of the C25K plan indoors, on a treadmill, due to hideously hot and humid days and nights this summer.  But I did get outside for some of the runs, including one with the club, during their fun run series.  I like running outdoors.  I just look forward to moderating temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment