Monday, January 19, 2009

Excited about an Inauguration

It's not the first in my adult memory. But it IS the first that I've really been interested in and engaged by. It's a Presidential Inauguration taking place near me, and like millions -- literally -- of others, I'm hopeful and I'm anticipating good things, and good changes.

I don't plan on treking downtown, not fighting traffic, not walking down an icy National Mall, or getting gussied up in gown and tails, but I'm excited about watching and listening and feeling a part of ONE America!

It seems that the Day of Service honoring MLK has been somewhat eclipsed by this historic Inauguration (gosh, they are all historic, and I sort of wish that Obama were not being made to seem quite so distinct from a long line of US history). Are you volunteering today? Did you do something that made you feel as though you're a part of something bigger than yourself? I hope so. It's a good feeling, isn't it? Share what you helped accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment